FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA ANNOUNCES RELAXED TRAVEL PROTOCOLS FOR FULLY VACCINATED TRAVELLERS
ST. JOHN’S, ANTIGUA (November 19, 2021) – Antigua and Barbuda continues to ease travel protocols, as vaccinations rates increase within the country. Over 60,000 of the targeted 80,000 population of Antigua and Barbuda, have been vaccinated.
New protocols will now give fully vaccinated travellers the option of taking the easily accessible rapid antigen test in order to visit the destination, known for its miles of white and pink sandy beaches, the largest Frigate Bird Sanctuary in the Western hemisphere, beautiful vistas and rainforests with exhilarating hiking trails, a UNESCO world heritage site at Nelson’s Dockyard, and the world’s longest running Sunset Party at the picturesque Shirley Heights Lookout, remarkable excursions on land and water, rich culinary and cultural experiences, and extensive accommodation offerings.
The Government of Antigua and Barbuda’s updated protocols, as of November 18, 2021, include:
1. Fully vaccinated arriving passengers can present a RT PCR test negative result of four (4) days or fewer from date of testing, OR an approved Rapid Antigen test negative result of (3) or fewer days from date of testing to be permitted entry into Antigua and Barbuda. The list of approved Rapid Antigen tests is available on www.visitantiguabarbuda.com
2. Partially vaccinated arriving passengers must have a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR (real time polymerase chain reaction) test for SARS-CoV-2 using a nasopharyngeal or oropharyngeal swab taken within four (4) days of their flight. (This includes transiting passengers). Please note that rapid antigen tests and home tests are NOT accepted.
3. All arriving passengers including returning nationals and residents are required to have received at least one dose of a World Health Organization (WHO) or Ministry of Health Wellness and the Environment (MOHWE) approved 2-dose COVID 19 vaccine or a single dose vaccine to be permitted entry into Antigua and Barbuda. Children below the age of eighteen (18) years arriving at a port of entry are exempted from this requirement.
4. Unvaccinated minors between the ages of five and eighteen years old must present a negative RT PCR test of four days or fewer from date of testing.
5. Children below the age of five (5) years entering Antigua and Barbuda, DO NOT REQUIRE a COVID -19 RT-PCR test.
For the full travel protocols, on-island protocols, and on-island experiences that can be enjoyed, visitors are advised to go to www.visitantiguabarbuda.com